We’ve tried to answer all the questions our customers most often ask us. If you want more detail, or what you want to know isn’t covered here. Do please get in touch. We’re always delighted to help. Email us or request a call back on our contact page or phone us today on 01223 655 646.
Why do I need a Will?
Our clients make their Wills for a variety of different reasons. Here are just some of them:
Control the distribution of your property, savings and assets.
- If you don’t have a will, then the way that your assets and property will be distributed will be decided by the authorities under the Laws of Intestacy.
- These laws were made in 1925 and don’t really reflect the realities of family life today.
- For example, a surviving wife or husband may have to share their inheritance with other relatives.
- If you’re unmarried and don’t have a Will, these laws mean that your partner could inherit nothing at all.
- If you’re single, your money could actually end up going to the State.
Appoint guardians for your children
- A Will is one of the most practical ways of appointing guardians for your children. In the case of a married couple, if you and your partner die without appointing guardians then the Local Authority will do this on your behalf.
- In cases where parents are unmarried and have children born before 2003, the father may not get automatic parental responsibility on the death of the mother.
Protect your wealth
One of the most popular reasons for arranging a Will is to make that your property and assets is not wasted by beneficiaries or inherited by those you do not want to access your funds (for example, in the case of remarriage).
Leave a legacy to charity
A Will provides you with the opportunity to benefit your favourite charity by leaving a legacy free of tax.
Look after a family pet
If you aren’t around your will can help ensure that your much loved pet will be looked after?
Set up a Trust
- These can be established for the benefit of children to ensure that they do not inherit too early and waste money or assets you have given to them.
- You can also put longer term conditions in place to guarantee that Trust funds are only used for certain things.
Who are Just Wills & Legal Services Ltd?
- We are part of one of the largest specialist estate planning organisations in the UK and write many thousands of Wills each year – many of which have already passed successfully through the Probate process. Find out more about us
- Each document that we produce is insured up to £2,000,000.
- Most of our clients are introduced to us either by their professional advisors (IFAs, accountants, estate agents) or by word of mouth recommendation from friends and family.
Shouldn’t I use a solicitor?
- Just Wills & Legal Services Ltd offer you and your family unrivalled expertise in this very specialised area of law and finance.
- Our Wills and Trusts departments are headed by STEP (The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) lawyers.
- By contrast, most High Street solicitors do a little bit of everything and few have STEP qualifications. As a general rule, they will have had no more than a few hours training on Wills and probate prior to qualifying.
Just Wills & Legal Services Ltd also offers you a more convenient and affordable way to make your will.
- Our pricing structure is clear and typically aims to beat High Street solicitors’ prices.
- Our consultants come to your home, taking your Will instructions at a time that suits you and your family.
We cover Cambridge, Ely, Newmarket, St Ives, St Neots, Huntingdon, Chatteris, March, Saffron Walden, Bury St Edmunds, Haverhill, rural Cambridgeshire, CB and nearby postcodes.
Outside of this area? Contact us and we will put you in touch with your local Just Wills & Legal Services consultant
If you have more questions, want more detail, or can’t find what you want to know covered here, please get in touch. We’re always delighted to help. Email us or request a call back on our contact page or phone us today on 01223 655 646.